1) Saw a specialist regarding my wrist, who informed me that a) what I have is commonly called DeQuervains Tenosynovitis; and b) it is NOT an RSI (despite what you see on the web) nor is it a 'disease'. He gave me a cortisone shot to the area (not pleasant), and we decided I should call him if it the problem either continues or gets worse. Two days later, the swelling was completely gone and now my wrist is 90% normal. I occassionally still get twinges of pain, but not the continuous agony and weakness of using my hand. So, now I'm taking Relafen to keep the remaining inflammation down, and I'm good. :D
2) My coug'r spent a week up on San Francisco taking a class on getting CISCO certification, and passed the test! Yea!! So, does anyone out there know any job openings for a newly-minted CCNA?
3) My company re-assigned me to a 'brand new unit' located much closer to home, where I'm now 'in charge' of cold kitchen production for three units -- 600 people! Where I'm working isn't actually at the spanking-brand-new location but at an older location with a big kitchen, where all the food is being prepped for all three units, then driven out to the other two locations. Whew! But seeing that no breakfast is being made, my hours are a little later now, and I'm doing a lot of organizing as well as cutting-chopping-etc. It's a challenge, but I'm enjoying it.
4) On the downside, this week I'm not at work because of a bout of bronchitis. Bleah. This will impact the upcomming con, as I will have to work on Friday. Oh, well, it's not like I had anything new to bring to the dealers' den: this was gonna be a relaxacon for me, hang out with friends, draw in sketchbooks, sell buttons. That's it.
5) Speaking of buttons, since I am stuck at home for the week, if any of my artist-friends want buttons made for the con, now's the time to let me know! I'd love to see more button-art out there, and the 3" buttons are big enough to provide plenty of room for art.
For my non-artist friends, silly slogans can be made into buttons, too! Unlike SF cons, there's no 'button booth' dealers at furrycons with their 50+ sayings to choose from (usually hand calligraphy or poorly printed on construction paper using Badge-O-Minute machines, which I loathe, but I won't knock their enthusiasm or success), so I figure maybe that's where I need to start expanding. I got my sound bites series which is still very popular (little 1" buttons with one word on them, like 'woof!'), but my brain's not so good at remembering phrases that would make good buttons -- especially ones that would be appropriate for furrydom (the real trick!) So, if you got one and you'd like to see it as a button, let me know!
So, in spite of my current breathing issue, things have actually been looking up. How different. :D