So, the bone scan is necessary to determine if I get to wait it out longer or if I go back under the knife. If the scan shows blood flow across the gap, it's good. Otherwise, I get to do this all over again -- this time removing the screw, cleaning off the edges of the break, adding a bio-spackle to glue the area and give it a matrix to build from, then wrapping the bone in micro-fine chicken wire to hold the whole thing in place. And then it's another 12-14 week recovering time as the surgery resets the healing clock. Feh.
Needless to say I'm not happy with today's results.... spent the day getting some cat therapy.
One silver lining in this cloud: I have been officially cleared to use the walking boot to actually walk on, as long as I only put weight on my heel. Seeing that I really don't want any more atrophy and itch to get up and *do* stuff, this is a good thing.